Name: Jude Elliott of JAETraining
Qualifications & experience:
I hold a B.Ed. Hons Teaching Degree and a Masters Degree and Diploma in Social Work.
I am a qualified Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA).
I have ten years’ experience of teaching in both mainstream and special education, working with young people with complex needs.
My work experience in relation to mental health began in 1991, this includes:
- Working in Women’s Aid groups as a refuge and specialist mental health outreach worker
- I am the founding member of KIM Inspire (Formerly The KIM Project) a mental health organisation in North East Wales providing both community based and psychiatric in-reach programmes
- I have provided freelance training in mental health for approximately ten years to various organisations
- I supervise Social Work students on their Degree placement
- I worked as a Mental Health Advisor at Bangor University
- I have provided Independent Mental Health Advocacy to people receiving psychiatric treatment in hospitals both as detained and informal patients.
- I currently deliver a community based self-advocacy programme for people who have concerns about their mental health and their carers
I have delivered MHFA and YMHFA in Wales for seven years and use my broad range of experience to bring the course to life. I am committed to providing training that is relevant, practical and inspiring. I strive to do this in a way that never forgets the inherent strength of people who live with mental concerns.